Introduction to Real Estate Facebook Ads
In this article you will learn how to generate real estate leads with the help of Facebook Marketing (Real Estate Facebook Ads). In the present scenario, Facebook ads is the best tool to grow your business and Generate leads in Real Estate Industry.
Here are some reasons why Facebook Ads is the Best Platform for Real Estate Advertising to Generate Leads.
Facebook Audience Size: Facebook has more than 1 billion active users. More than 95% of people access their Facebook accounts through their mobiles.
Time Spent on Facebook: Billions of people spend a lot of time on Social Media. On a Average users are spending about 50 minutes on Facebook, Instagram and Messenger.
Facebook Organic Reach is Declining: Facebook organic reach is declining from few years. Now the Organic Reach of Facebook almost hit “Zero”. If you want to reach more people, the only way you have is by Facebook Ads.
Targeting Options: Facebook gets lots of data from its users like age, gender, location and their interests voluntarily. So Facebook can show targeted ads to the people who are likely to buy your product or service.
Advantages of Real Estate Facebook ads:
- Facebook Campaigns are easy to track
- It can generate traffic on to your website in less than 1 hour after starting the campaign
- You have complete control on the daily budget, weekly budget and you can even control the cost per click
- You can easily define ROI (Return on Investment)
- Facebook has lot of targeting options based on age, location, user interests, income and other demographics
- Compared to Google Ads, Facebook Campaigns are easier to setup and monitor
- Overall facebook ads is the best tool for creating brand awareness and generating leads which leads to sales
Cons of Real Estate Facebook ads:
- If you din’t setup the campaign properly, facebook ads might be costly
- Depending on your target market, majority of the large potential audience can be irrelevant
You can directly connect to Instagram ads if you are running Facebook ads. The ultimate goal of Facebook is to show your ads to maximum number of people.
Facebook ads are pretty affordable, you can run your Facebook campaign with just INR 40 a day. You can get very good response to your ads if your ads have high relevancy score. If the relevancy score is high, your cost per click / cost per lead will go down.
Different types of Real Estate Facebook Ads
Boost your Posts:
Use it when you want a lot of people to see your post.
Promote your Page:
Use it when you want to grow your number of page followers.
Send People to your Website:
Use it when you want more visits to your website.
Increase conversions on your website:
Use it when you want to make more sales.
Get app installs:
Use it when you want to capture new app users.
Increase engagement in your app:
Use it when you want existing users to use your app.
Reach people near your business:
Use it when your business is tied to your geographical area.
Raise attendance at your event:
Use it when you want people nearby to come to your event.
Get people to claim your offer:
Use it when you want people to redeem a coupon code.
Get video views:
Use it when you want as many viewers as possible on your video.
Collect leads for your business:
Use it when you want to build your customer list (Emails, Mobile Numbers etc,.).
Increase Brand Awareness:
Use it when you want people to remember your ad.
Promote a product catalog:
Use it when you want more than one product to showcase.
Get people to visit your stories:
Use it when you want online customers to visit you offline.
Lets Get Started with Facebook Ads,
Creating high converting ads is not so difficult as many people think. I’ll show you how to create high convertible ads on facebook from scratch.
Real Estate Facebook Ads Guide – Create Your First Real Estate Facebook Marketing Campaign
1. Develop Real Estate Facebook Ads Strategy
Before going to Facebook Ads Manager dashboard, you need to have your advertising strategy ready. If we don’t have advertising strategy in hand, we will end up creating a facebook ad campaign will will not target the relevant audience.
For each facebook campaign you are going to create, ask yourself these questions:
- Which type of property you are selling? (Apartment / Plot / Villa / Villament?)
- Who are your Target audience?
- Will they be cold audience or warm audience or hot audience?
- Why should they buy your property?
- What is the cost of your property?
- What is the location of the property?
- What are their pain points? and what will be their objectives?
- What is the goal of the campaign?
- Do you want Leads? Traffic to your landing page? Calls?
If you don’t have strategy and plan, it is impossible to create strong ads which are compelling. Always keep in ind when you are creating any real estate facebook ads campaign you should have answers to all the above mentioned questions.
2. Choose your Objective (Real Estate Facebook Ads)
The very first thing you should do when creating a facebook campaign is to choose marketing objective. These objectives helps you reach you business goals. These objective helps facebook to understand what people want to do when they see your advertisement.
Facebook will optimize the placements of your advertisement based on your objectives and it helps in reaching relevant audience which will lead to lower your CPC and CPL.
You can choose from the following objectives which will align your business goals.
Generates Interest in your Property (Apartment / Plot / Villas etc,.)
- Brand Awareness: Increases Awareness of your Brand and makes people recall your advertisements.
- Reach: Show your Advertisements to maximum number of relevant audience.
People will start thinking about your product or service and they will start looking for more information about your product or service.
- Traffic: Drives traffic to your website (Landing Page) or app (Android / IOS App).
- Engagement: Get more people to engage with your post or with your page.
- App Installs: Send more people to app store where people can download your app (Android / IOS store).
- Video Views: Promote videos and get more video views.
- Lead Generation: You can directly collect the lead information like email, mobile number, name etc, who are interested in your property.
- Messages: Get more conversations with you on your Facebook Business Page which will help you increase the leads.
Encourages people to purchase your product or service who are interested in your business.
- Conversions: Get more users to use your website or mobile application. It will track and measure the conversions using Facebook Pixel.
- Catalogue sales: Show products from your catalogue based on your target audience interests.
- Store visits: Promote your business to the people who are near by.
Now you have clear understanding about the objectives and why are they used. Select one objective from the above list which will align to your business goals.
3. Choose your Page (Real Estate Facebook Ads)
If you have multiple Facebook Business pages in your Facebook Ads Manager. Choose one page from the drop down list fro which you want to promote this advertisement. If your desired page is not there in the drop down list then contact page admin.
4. Audience targeting (Real Estate Facebook Ads)
You can target your audience based on their demographics and Interests. Facebook Ads for Realtors – Secrets to Audience Targeting – Check this article for more detailed targeting.
There are two types of audience in facebook you can target:
Custom Audience helps to locate your existing customer in facebook with the help of customer lists, website traffic or app traffic. Custom audience are very important in advertising because these people have already taken some action on your website or mobile application thus they know something about your business and they are interested in your business. The only thing you need to do now is to make them take your desired action (Purchase / Submitting lead) on your website / mobile app by motivating them by your advertisements.
These are the group of audience which will replicate the same characteristics of your custom audience. Custom audience always have higher CTR’s (click through rates) and conversion rates but they cant put you in touch with the other audience who are not aware of your product or service. Lookalike audience solves that problem by making your advertisement reach the higher number of audience who have similar st of characteristics as your custom audience.
Location targeting in facebook allows marketers to target people based on the audience location.
You can redefine your audience based on these location choices:
- Everyone in this Location
- People who live in this Location
- People recently in this Location
- People travelling in this Location
This will help your ads to only reach specific ages of audience who will find your advertisement relevant. You adjust minimum and maximum ages through this targeting option.
Choose option “All” if you want to show your advertisement to everyone.
If you want to show your ads only to Men then Choose “Men” and if it is for Women choose “Women”.
You can leave this targeting option “Blank”.
If you are targeting specific group of people who speaks different language which is uncommon in your area then use language targeting option.
Adding more detailed targeting option will expand your audience and helps in reaching more audience which will lower your CPC (cost per click) and CPL (coat per lead).
- Demographics Targeting: You can target people based on their education details, employment details, lifestyle details etc.,
- Interests Targeting: You can target people looking at their interests and their activities on facebook. You can target people by the pages they have liked and closely related topics.
- Behaviors targeting: You can target people based on their purchase behavior and purchase intent. You can even target people based on device usage and many more.
Reach people who have specific type of connection with your Facebook Page or with your app or with your event.
- Facebook Pages:
- People who likes your page
- Friends of people who likes your page
- Exclude people who likes your page
- People who has used your app
- Friends of people who used your app
- Exclude people who have used your app
- People who have responded to your event
- exclude people who have already responded to your event
5. Placement Targeting (Choose where you want to show your ad)
Facebook recommends to choose automatic placements option. If you choose automatic placements option facebook algorithm will place your ads in the places where they are likely to perform well based on your objective you have chosen.
You can remove some placements where you don’t want to show your ads on, but removing placements may lead to less reach of your facebook advertisement.
If you want to run your advertisement only on Instagram then disable all the other placement options except Instagram.
6. Target Specific Mobile Devices and Operating Systems (Real Estate Facebook Ads)
You can target your audience based on mobile designs and the Operating Systems.
7. Set your Budget (Real Estate Facebook Ads)
- Daily Budget: Daily Budget is the average amount of money you will spend every day.
- Life time Budget: Life time Budget is budget that you will spend during the lifetime of your campaign.
There are two options in selecting schedule. If you select the option ‘Run my ad set continuously starting today”, your ad will run till you manually stop it. If you select the option “Set a start and end date”, you can schedule your ad set date range.
Optimization for ad delivery:
- Link Clicks: Facebook will deliver the ads to the people who are more likely to click on your ads and reach destination such as landing page with lower cost
- Landing Page Views: Your ads will be delivered to the people who clicks on your ads and wait till the destination landing page loads. To track the landing page views you need to install Facebook Pixel installed in your website.
- Impressions: Your ads will be delivered to the people as many times as possible.
- Daily Unique Reach: Your ads will be shown to your audience one time a day.
- Lowest Cost: Facebook will get you the lowest cost per result based on your campaign optimization.
- Set a Bid Cap: If you fix INR 3 as your CPC, Facebook wont bid more than INR 3 for any individual link click.
When you are charged?
- Impressions: Facebook will charge you for impressions.
- Link Click (CPC): Facebook will charge you for link clicks.
- Run ads all the time: Facebook will show your ads all the time.
- Run ads on a schedule: Facebook will run your ads as per your schedule (specific hours and days of the week).
- Standard: Run your ads whole day by spending your budget evenly.
- Accelerated: Spend your budget and get results as quickly as possible.
8. Choose Your Ad Format (Real Estate Facebook Ads)
There are different types of Ad formats to choose from
- Carousal: You can add multiple photos or videos.
- Single Image: You can create single image ad.
- Single Video: You can create an ad with one video.
- Slideshow: You can add up to 10 images, these images will transform in to a looping video ad.
- Collection: You can add multiple photos or videos to it, it feature a collection of items that open into a full screen mobile experience.
- Canvas: It works as a landing page within facebook.
9. Add Advertising Image or video (Real Estate Facebook Ads)
10. Create Ad copy (Real Estate Facebook Ads)
This is the creative section in facebook ads, there are many details you have to fill it, there are chances that you may miss out some details.
These include multiple sections where you can put copy, along with things like CTAs and URL descriptions.
Take advantage of every single one of them. The CTA button will help drive conversions, and using the right copy in the right places will make a world of difference on your campaigns.
After filling all the details your advertisement will look like this,
11. Monitor and Optimize your Campaigns carefully (Real Estate Facebook Ads)
After starting your campaigns, monitor them very carefully. Some campaigns may start to see increase in CPC (cost per click) / CPL (cost per lead).
Facebook Ads manager will show you all the details of your active campaigns. Watch the CPC, frequency, relevance scores, and number of actions taken particularly carefully. These are the most crucial metrics.
Facebook ads has lots of options to choose from, but once you’re familiar with the system, that will work to your advantage instead of your detriment. For more check these articles Facebook Marketing Ideas for Real Estate Agents to Get more Leads & 10 Places to Link to Your Landing Page from Social Media
What do you think of this Real Estate Facebook Ads guide? Do you use Facebook Ads for your Real Estate business for Generating Leads? What questions do you have about the platform? Share your thoughts and questions in the comments below!